How 'bout this weather?

Friday, June 18, 2010

LHRA Goes All High-Tech

I just figured out how to put live weather conditions for Greenview on this page. If you watch the data box closely, you'll see that it's actually updating every 30 seconds or so. Cool, huh? I figured that for all the babbling about the weather I do on here, this would give the real story on it (and back up MY stories in the process!).

I don't know the name of the person who is contributing the information, or I would give them credit here. People can buy these personal weather stations and set them up so that the information they collect gets sent to a site called Weather Underground. That site then offers up these neat little windows that can be put on other web pages like this one.

Just a fun little thing I stumbled across, and maybe the ONLY thing in our little town of Greenview that changes fast enough to need live updates. And that's really the part I like best.

No comments:

Post a Comment